This Vegan Waldorf Salad is the perfect spring salad. It sounds fancy but could not be simpler. Apples, raisin, grapes, celery, walnuts marinated in a cashew yogurt dressing. Serve this as a side salad or as a quick lunch.
Prepare the Vegan Waldorf Salad in advance and let marinade in the dressing in the refrigerator. The flavor gets better with age. This salad is perfect to make once and munch on all week long.
The salad dressing for the Vegan Waldorf Salad is sweet and tangy. The tanginess comes from the cashew yogurt. Use your favorite store-bought vegan yogurt. Just make sure the yogurt is unsweetened and plain. Want to go the extra mile? Make our Vegan Cashew Yogurt recipe.
You can substitute vegan mayonnaise for the yogurt if you’d like but I prefer the taste of yogurt to mayonnaise.
- 1 head Romain Lettuce
- 2½ cups diced apples (about 2 apples)
- 2½ cups red grapes, halved
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup non-dairy unsweetened yogurt
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Clean and chop the lettuce and place in the bottom of a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the apples, grapes, celery, raisins and walnuts. In a smaller bowl mix the yogurt, agave, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the fruit and mix until evenly coated.
- Lay the fruit mixture over the bed of lettuce and server
- Optionally, let the fruit mixture coated in the dressing overnight in the fridge. The flavors will be much better.
Also, check out our recipe for Vegan Cashew Yogurt.