Add this recipe for vegan cauliflower parmesan to your regular cauliflower rotation. We are a big fan of cauliflower dishes. If you’ve followed our site for too long you are probably familiar with our Chicken Fried Cauliflower Steak or our Popcorn Cauliflower Bites. Both are fried and heavy. This recipe for vegan cauliflower parmesan is lighter and healthier than those recipes.
This vegan cauliflower parmesan is not battered and fried. Instead, the cauliflower steaks are breaded in breadcrumbs and walnuts and baked until tender.
Serve this dish with your favorite Italian side. I like to eat it with some angel hair pasta and a simple homemade marinara sauce. If you are in a hurry you can easily just use your favorite brand of jarred pasta sauce.
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a head of cauliflower and cut it directly down the middle from the top straight through the core. Take each half and cut one-inch steaks using the core to keep the steak intact. Repeat with the other head of cauliflower.
- Place the non-dairy milk in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the walnuts, bread crumbs, and seasonings.
- Dip one of the steaks in the milk and then the bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat for the other steaks
- Bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Serve with spaghetti and your favorite marinara sauce.