These popcorn cauliflower bites use the same batter as my “Chicken Fried” Cauliflower Steak, but cook up much faster. This is a great recipe to use the leftover ends of the head of cauliflower whenever you make cauliflower steaks. No need for any of the cauliflower to go to waste!
My recipe for “Chicken Fried” Cauliflower Steak is one of my most popular recipes. I’m not really sure why, but I’d guess because it reminds people of good old fashioned comfort food.
The typical cauliflower steak is just too light and not satisfying. Breading and frying made it just heavy enough to be totally satisfied eating a giant chunk of vegetable.
These popcorn cauliflower bites are just so satisfying. The make a great snack, appetizer, or main course.
My favorite things to serve with these are a vegan honey mustard, spicy mustard, or white gravy. You can make vegan honey mustard by mixing vegan honey and your favorite mustard. You can also find try favorite white gravy recipe.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Neutral Oil for frying
- Cut the cauliflower florets into single bite size pieces.
- Place 1-inch of oil into a pan and place over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl combine the flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. In another bowl place the non-dairy milk.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces into the flour, then into the milk, then into the flour again.
- Drop the pieces in batches into the oil and fry for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove popcorn cauliflower from the oil and let the excess oil drain on a paper towel placed over a plate.