This Indian Red Lentil Flatbread is a great alternative to the traditional pizza. It is also a great way to reuse leftovers. I make my Indian Red Lentils recipe all the time. Instead of eating the leftovers with rice, I like to transform them into a pizza.
Traditionally pizza relies on a lot of meat and cheese for flavor. While I do like a good veggie pizza, most vegetarian pizzas lack flavor. Most of the traditional veggies found on pizza are meant to accent the pizza and not be the main point of flavor. I like to look outside the traditional pizza flavors and into other types of cuisine to see if there are better choices of topping than what would be found at a pizzeria.
- 1 cup Indian Red Lentils Recipe
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup non-dairy yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll the pizza dough out to ¼ inch thickness and place on a baking sheet.
- Blend the lentil until smooth. Spread the lentils onto the pizza crusts.
- Top the pizza with the onions, tomatoes, jalapeno.
- Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the cilantro and yogurt.
What your favorite flavor of pizza?
I am always looking for new unconventional pizza flavors. Let me know what your favorite flavor combination is in the comments!