Everyone needs a basic granola recipe. From there you can make infinite variations for whatever the occasion. I like to make this recipe to go along with my Vegan Cashew Yogurt. It takes a little bit of preparation on the weekend but provides a quick and easy breakfast all week long.
Ways to Vary this Basic Granola Recipe
There are infinite ways to vary this basic granola recipe. Substitute any nut you would like. Add in nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice mix. Try different kinds of extracts in place of the vanilla and almond. Once the granola has cooled you can mix in any kind of dried fruit you would like.
How to serve this Basic Granola Recipe
My favorite way to eat this basic granola recipe is with my Homemade Cashew Yogurt. Occasionally if I run out, I will use store-bought dairy-free yogurt. I like plain unsweetened yogurt which can be difficult to fins sometime. Eating this granola with almond milk is my go-to midnight snack.
- 2 cups rolled oats, gluten free
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp flaxseed, ground
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup grade a maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the rolled oats, walnuts, pecans, almonds, shredded coconut, cinnamon and ground flaxseed in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract together in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Spread mixture evenly on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven every 15 minutes to mix the granola so it can cook evenly. Check for doneness after 30 minutes.