No espresso machine needed. This Cinnamon Dulce de Leche Coffee is sweet, delicious, and surprisingly easy to make. For the most part making the syrup is hands off. Make a batch of this stuff and you’ll be set for a while.
No longer do you need to wait in line at your local coffee shop to get a fancy coffee drink. You can easily make these drinks at home. This Cinnamon Dulce de Leche Syrup only has two ingredients: condensed plant-based milk and cinnamon extract. I am able to find condensed soy milk at my local grocery store on the baking aisle. If you are not you can easily purchase it online from amazon.
Traditionally dulce de leche is cooked for a long period of time on the stove until it caramelized and reduces down into a syrup. Using condensed soy milk and an oven allows us to shorten the amount of cooking time and make the process completely hands free. You just need to cook the condensed milk in a flat pan surrounded by a water bath. This will allow the sugars to caramelize and form a delicious dulce de leche syrup.
- 1 can Condensed Non-Diary Milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon extract
- 6 oz freshly brewed coffee
- 4 oz non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp Dulce de Leche Syrup
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- To make the syrup pour the non-dairy condensed milk into a pie dish and wrap with aluminum foil. Place the pie dish in a large casserole dish or roasting pan and fill pan halfway up the pie dish with water.
- Transfer to a 425-degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Check the sauce and stir to see how much it has darkened in color. If you want a darker sauce, continue to cook longer in the oven.
- If your sauce is too thin, transfer sauce to a sauce pan and simmer on medium heat until desired consistency is reached.
- Place your non-dairy milk in a coffee mug and warm in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds. Time will vary based on mug and microwave.
- Stir in the dulce de leche syrup and coffee. Top with non-dairy whipped cream.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of the whipped cream.
Trouble Finding Necessary Ingredients?
You may be able to find non-dairy condensed milk at your local grocery store. I know I can. If not, non-dairy condensed milk can also be purchased online: Sweetened Condensed Soy Milk.